The Gyneco-Obstetrics and Pediatric Hospital of Yaounde, as a hospital specializing in the fields of gyneco-obstetrics and pediatrics, has the mission of assuming, in a humane and effective manner, each of the mandates assigned to it. They are declined according to the following axes:
- High Level Care Delivery Missions: We provide general and specialized care for Women, Mother, Child and Adolescent; Through the IEC (Information Education Communication), we make a daily promotion of healthy lifestyle. Given its specificity, men over 15 can not be hospitalized and only receive outpatient care.
- Training missions: As a university hospital, HGOPY participates in the initial and ongoing training of most health professionals.
- Research missions: HGOPY is a field of medical exploration of new approaches in gynecological, obstetrical and pediatric disciplines with the aim of prevention, fight against diseases and human suffering;
- Our objective:
Although its overall goal is the provision of quality care to women, mothers, children and adolescents. HGOPY works to contribute significantly to issues in the areas of mortality reduction and maternal and infant morbidity, the optimization of the functioning of its various services, the application of good governance and the improvement of working conditions, the optimization of research fundamental and clinical as hospital-academic, cooperation with other national and international health facilities, participation in health programs and national development for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), health , science, sharing of knowledge, while taking into account the needs of the population, sociodemographic, economic, technological and environmental changes.
- For this, the HGOPY advocates:
- Respect through harmonious human and professional relationships, marked by consideration and courtesy.
- The rigor manifested by the competence, the integrity and the equity in the practices.
- Commitment to work
- Our management:
HGOPY went from resource management to results-based management